Saturday 17 November 2018

A step-by-step tutorial & the November Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! After a busy week (both my daughter and I are now a year older :) ) I thought I'd share this step-by-step of one of my layouts I created for My Creative Scrapbook with their November Main Kit. I absolutely adore this month's kit with all the "Along the Way" goodies from Pebbles Inc. and had such a great time playing with this kit.

For this layout I chose a photo of my daughter reading one of her just bought books while on vacation in New Orleans last summer. Except for the November Main Kit I also used some of the free MCS November cut files. Here's what I made:


And these are some of the free cut files for November, you can find them HERE (click and scroll down):


I started by selecting the three designs I wanted to cut and selected & traced these on my Cameo:


I cut the flowers from the "Sweet Sentiments" paper and the leaves from the "Parkway" paper:


I placed them haphazardly on my white background cardstock in a way I thought I might want them: 


I chose two colors of spray mist from my stash and used these to add some drops on the white cardstock: 



Next I chose two different papers to mat my photo ("Window Box" and "Porch Swing"):


Once the photo was matted I placed it at the top of the cut flowers and tried out several of the gold foiled words for my title and lots of die-cuts to add to my page:



Once I decided which word I wanted to have for the title and which die-cuts and stickers I wanted to use, I started adhering everything. Except for glue I also used my trusted sewing machine for this.


Once I was done, I decided the top of the layout was still too bare and added a few extra elements: 


After this I considered my layout finished! Here are a few more close-ups: 





Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my design process. Hope you like it!! 

For more information about the kit and how to secure one for yourself click HERE

Wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that background you created!!! Happy birthday to you and your daughter!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete