Wednesday 12 August 2020

Beautiful | My Creative Scrapbook August Step-By-Step | Pink Paislee 5th & Monaco

Today I've got another step-by-step of one of my My Creative Scrapbook layouts. This time I used the August Main Kit to create my page. I'm a huge fan of everything Pink Paislee and was so happy to see the 5th and Monaco collection in this month's kit!


For today's step-by-step I selected this beautiful flowered paper called "paper 8" to create this layout of my daughter and our sweet Spaniel.


As soon as I saw the number 8 paper I knew I wanted to fussy cut it, but as I love color I couldn't just leave it b/w! It had to be painted first! I went with the colors of the photo: pink, light blue and a bit of orange/yellow. I grabbed my little distress ink pads and dabbed some of the ink on my glass plate and added water. 


With a large soft square brush I painted the paper 8 with the water color in large slow strokes. I tried not to add too much water as I didn't want to damage the paper. Afterwards I dried the paper with a heat gun.


Now came the fun part: the fussy cutting. I cut the flowers I wanted to use and (hand) cut them out.


Meanwhile I also prepared the background for my layout. I sprayed pink ink on a white cardstock and added drops of pink and blue ink. 


Using the Maggie Holmes template that's included in the kit and my little distress inks and a soft brush I added a few extra bits to my background:




Next I placed my (matted) photo and all the cut out flowers diagonally on the background cardstock and adhered them. I tried to do this in a way that some of the leaves were still curling a little: 


Using lots of the stickers and die-cuts from the kit and a date stamp I finished my page. Here are a few close-up shots:

  


Isn't this another awesome kit?! I'm so in love with the designs in this collection! For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Here's one last photo of the kit:


Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you a happy day!

xxx Monique

2 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING that background and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the way you created ombre flowers.

    ReplyDelete