Sunday 23 October 2022

HOME is where your puppy is || step-by-step for My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! For My Creative Scrapbook I wrote this step-by-step tutorial using the colorful October Creative Kit. This month the Creative Kit features the "My Happy Place" collection from Doodlebug Design.  

This is the layout I created the step-by-step for:



For this layout I started with a strip of paper measuring 6.5" x 10" cut from the sheet called "Garden Girl". With a pair of fringe scissors I cut a fringe row at the bottom of the paper: 


Using a pencil I curled the fringe to add a little more interest: 


Next I cut a strip of paper measuring 2" x 11.5" from the sheet called "Mint To Be" and on both the left and right side I cut "fish tails". I placed this strip of paper on top of the colorful paper with the fringe:


I printed a large photo (5 3/4" x 7 3/4") of my sons with our our puppy, matted this and placed it on top: 


On the right side of the photo I created a little cluster. I definitely needed the journaling card "Home is where your puppy is"! 


At the top of the layout I added more word die-cuts:


On the left side of the photo I placed some die-cuts and at the top of the page I added more die-cuts as well:


After adding two more word stickers and a die-cut, some machine stitching and a stamped date my layout was finished!  


Here are a few close-ups:




Hope you like it! 

Here's a photo of the October Creative Kit I used: 


For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you all a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment