Thursday 27 January 2011

You hold the Key to my Heart!

Yesterday another one of my layouts was up on the Sampler's blog (The Crop Spot). It's called "You hold the Key to my Heart" and is about my dd and me.

I find I love to create layouts with all different kinds and colors of papers. Normally I scrap with one certain line from one manufacturer, but this kit forces me to let that go and scrap with what I have at hand .... and it works quite well for me. I love to use all these different colors on 1 layout!


A close-up of the heart and the flower centre, which are both made with my tools from Epiphany Crafts  (LOVE those, but hey you know that, LOL).


The title is hand cut from some cardstock scraps I had left and with the press-on from Pink Paislee they look actually quite nice, I think.

The day I finished this layout my dd came home all upset because she had been bullied by a girl from school (who had hit and kicked her and knocked her off her bike). When something like that happens to your little girl you realize all the more how much you love your kids! You don't want to know what I wanted to do to this other girl! but I didn't, I was good and contacted the school and let them deal with it (which they are doing very well, luckily!).

Ok, I got sidetracked.... back to The Sampler! This layout was also made with the January Kit. If you want to see what the other designers made with their kit, why not have a look at The Sampler's blog "The Crop Spot"?

This is it for now!
Thanks for stopping by and a BIG hug from me!

11 comments:

  1. wat mooi,hele byzondere foto's en super mooi verwewrkt!!
    Geweldig gedaan,mooie kleuren ook!
    Fijne avond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I have to start making those folded flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, jij bent ook echt een mens voor lekker veel kleur! Het is weer een supergave LO!

    En ja, herkenbaar, je verhaal over het pesten. Grrr.... het moet niet weer gebeuren!

    Groetjes, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout Monique and hope things are better for Manon now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het is een bijzonder mooie layout! Heerlijk kleurrijk en vrolijk!

    En iets ergers dan pesten is er niet. Bij mij op school gebeurt het ook best regelmatig. Ik heb een meisje in mijn klas met een heftige vorm van Asperger en ik ben de enige die zo af en toe met haar praat...en wat denk je: sinds ik dat doe, krijg ik ook de meest gekke dingen naar mijn hoofd geslingerd. Het lijkt wel of ze zo degenen eruit pikken die het onzekerst zijn en daar al hun pijlen op afvuren...vreselijjk vind ik dat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik vind je LO weer helemaal leuk Monique, heerlijk al die kleuren, past perfect bij jou!
    (ik heb ook altijd de neiging om dezelfde lijnen te gebruiken, combineren van verschillende merken vind ik moeilijk)
    Fijn dat de school dat pesten goed aanpakt, hoop maar dat dit niet meer gebeurt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een leuke LO en titel!
    ...... en dochter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wat een mooie zeg - hij is prachtig. En ook zo'n mooie titel en ook zulke mooie foto's.... helemaal goed! Groetjes, Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deze kit is zo goed voor je! Je foto's zijn geweldig en goede therapie om hier over te scrappen toch? lol!
    Gefeliciteerd met je 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mooie layout weer, vooral de zwarte achtergrond vind ik erg gaaf. En ja dat pesten, heel machteloos voel je je als ouder maar ik weet uit ervaring dat scholen het goed kunnen oplossen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the colours on your LO! You've made the bright primary colours pop so well.

    ReplyDelete