Monday 23 January 2017

Making Spirits Bright - Pretty Little Studio

For today’s blog post on Pretty Little Studio's blog I created yet another layout with the fabulous Tinsel Town collection. Normally I don’t feel like creating Christmas layouts any more in January, but I just wasn’t ready to put this collection aside. The colors and designs just make me so happy and when I found these photos of my daughter and her friend at one of the famous German Christmas markets in my pile of printed photos I just sat down and got started. Here’s what I created:


I started my page by cutting two large pennants, one out of the Cookies & Milk paper and one from a metallic clear sheet with gold (I adore this one!) and adhered these on a 12"x12" sheet of paper from Crate Paper (as Pretty Little Studio doesn't carry any 12"x 12" papers). I placed the photo on top – no matting needed – and picked one of the many journaling cards to place on the left of the photo. Isn’t this one just perfect? Next I selected a few embellishments: a flair button, a frame, a few die-cuts and in no time the top part of the layout was done!



Next I started on the design of the cluster in the bottom left corner. I wanted to add a second photo and needed a few extras. I knew I wanted to use one of the black tags, which I love (!!) and another one of the fabulous flairs and the rest was easy: a few die-cuts and two little stickers and the cluster was finished!


Last but not least I added a bit of hand-journaling and a few drops of silver color mist.

And here’s a list of all the PLS products I used:

  • Tinsel Town collection: paper: Cookies & Milk; Die-Cuts: Tinsel Town, Twinkle; Tags: Merry; Flair: Wish List; Stickers: Nice List Words, Tree Topper; Journaling: FaLaLa 3×4; Metallic Clear: Season’s Greetings Gold; Frames: Noel.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Wishing you a crafty week!

xx Monique

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete