Friday 27 January 2017

Pebbles Valentine's Home Decor

Last week this project was featured on Pebbles blog and I was so excited that I could use the new Valentine’s collection “My Funny Valentine”! I love celebrating Valentine’s Day, whether it’s watching romantic movies, reading romance novels or going out to a restaurant or cinema with my hubby, I love it all! In our hallway I have this little chest of drawers and each holiday or change of season I create a little scene on it. So as soon as February comes in sight I start decorating for Valentine’s Day! Guess where this frame will be placed?!


I started my project by gathering the products I thought I would need, like the 6″x 6″ paper pad, the awesome Thickers and the puffy stickers. The photo frame is from my stash of photo frames which I collect for projects like this.


I chose 5 sheets of paper from the 6″x 6″ paper pad and cut three of them to 4″x 6″, 3.5″x 5.5″ and 3″x 5″ and with the other two I created two labels using my die-cutting machine:



I machine stitched the rectangles together:


The labels were glued together and embellished next, starting with the fabulous matching My Funny Valentine Thickers and some twine:


Next I adhered the gold ampersand from a gold Thickers set  and added two gold puffy hearts from the My Funny Valentine puffy sticker set:


I adhered this set in the center of the rectangles:


For the finishing touch I added a white dotted line around the red label and inserted everything carefully in the photoframe (I’ll add the glass front after photographing my project):


Aren’t the colors and designs of this collection just awesome?!


This is it! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to take a peek at my project.

Supplies:
My Funny Valentine Thickers Stickers (733274)
My Funny Valentine Puffy Stickers (733278)
My Funny Valentine 6″x 6″ Paper Pad (733523)
American Crafts Thickers Gold (732613)
American Crafts Baker’s Twine Value Pack (366303)
American Crafts This To That Double-Sided Super Sticky Red Tape, .25″ x 5 yd (61753)

xoxo
Monique

1 comment: