Friday 18 January 2019

Shiver | Step-by-step January Main Kit My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! I've got another step-by-step tutorial I made for one of the layouts I created with the January Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook! I love the Freezin' Season collection from Simple Stories that is featured in this month's kit and had such fun playing with it!

Here's the layout I created the step-by-step for: the photo was taken two years ago when I had "Winston" from Simple Stories to stay with me for a few days.


Here's how I created this page: first I arranged everything I needed on my work table, including a few of the MCS January cut files (which you can find HERE scroll down), a couple of spray paints and a square photo (4 3/4" x 4 3/4") (11,5 cm x 11,5 cm):


As the photo was taken during the winter I chose a blueish color spray for the background of my layout:


First I decided on a place for my photo. Next I sprayed a bit of the ink on the plastic Thickers packaging from the kit and used that to transfer the ink on to my page where I was going to place my photo:




I sprayed the word "fun" with the same ink, but for the coffee cup I chose another color:


Now I was almost ready to start building my layout, but I wanted a little piece of this material from the January Main kit as well and hand cut a piece a bit larger than the size of my photo:


Next I cut a piece of the adorable penguin paper (sheet called "Snuggle Up") and placed this over the blue ink (7 1/4" x 2,5") (18 cm x 6,5 cm), with the white netting on top and on top of that the yellow/white card:


I cut two small strips of the greenish paper (B-side Snuggle Up) and placed these on the right and left side of the yellow card and I cut the coffee cup in two and also placed these on the right and left side of the yellow card:



Before I adhered the photo I stapled two die-cuts to it and only then adhered it in the middle of this layered pile. The word "shiver" came next. At the bottom of my page I added a bit of the blueish ink in the same manner as I decribed before and chose two die-cuts of houses and a chipboard polar bear to place on top. The word "fun" was added last.


After adding a bit of journaling and a date stamp my page was almost done ...


Only after adding the machine stitching and a few drops of white ink was my layout really done!




This is it! Hope you like my page! Here's a photo of the kit I used for this page, the January Main kit:


For more details about all 4 January kits hop over to the MCS website and for more photos of projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so much for stopping by and wishing you happy crafting!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the techniques you did and loving the bear!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete