Wednesday 13 February 2019

Heart Books | Step-by-step My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! Today I'm a step-by-step I made for one of the layouts I created with the very awesome February Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook. This kit is features mainly the Pink Paislee/Paige Evans "Whimsical" collection.

Here's the layout for which I made the step-by-step:


I adored all the sheets of patterned paper in this kit and wanted to use as many as possible on my layout. The different patterns and colors look so good together. 

Here's what I did: I selected paper 23, with all the half circles positioned in a circle and cut out the largest whole circle (by hand):


Next I selected a couple of other patterned papers and my 1" circle punch and punched out many (scalloped) circle halves:



Once I had assembled quite a lot, I randomly glued them inside the four circles of paper 23:


When it was finished it looked like this:


Now I selected a background paper and chose the yellow one as this color matched the photo of my daughter:


With my sewing machine I stitched all the circle halves securely in place:


And now I was ready to add my photos and embellishments. I chose two small Instax photos for this layout and of course lots of flowers, leaves and hearts to embellish.



My daughter and I share a passion for books and because we're both reading in these photos the title is "heart books". I just love the gold alpha Thickers included in this kit! 


This is it! Very simple to create, but with a fun result! 


I really think this was one of the best kits ever! and if you haven't secured one for yourself, then hop over to the My Creative Scrapbook side and see if they are still available! 

February Main Kit:

If you want to see all 4 February kits hop over to the MCS website and for photos of projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so very much for stopping by! Happy crafting!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING all those half circles and the design is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete