Wednesday 17 July 2019

My Creative Scrapbook | July Creative Kit | Step by Step Bella Blvd layout

Hello friends, on the My Creative Scrapbook blog I'm sharing one of the summer layouts I created with the My Creative Scrapbook July Creative kit and a little step-by-step. I thought I would share it here too. I'm so very in love with this month's Creative kit, filled with the Splash Zone collection from Bella Blvd (one of my favorite manufacturers!).

Here's the layout I made:


The photo I used is from our cruise last May and I thought it was perfect for this collection. The bright colors of the photo match the colors of this collection so good.

Here's a step-by-step of how I created this layout: 
I started with punching a whole lot of 2" circles and because the paper is double sided I had circles with many different patterns.


Next I cut the circles in 4 equal parts:


And arranged these in whole circles again and placed them in two vertical rows: one on the right and one on the left side of my background cardstock:


After adhering them with a little bit of adhesive I machine stitched them to the background cardstock:


Using a large blender brush I colored the white part between the rows of circles with fuchsia colored stamping ink:


These laser cut chipboard words from Creative Embellishments are also included in the kit and I thought one of the "splish, sploosh or splash" words could be used on my page. As the bare words left a bit of a black stain on my hands and paper I thought it best to paint them. I used some spray ink to color them.



After matting the photo I placed it on the left row of circles and selected one of the journaling cards to accompany it:


Next I added a few Bella Blvd chipboard pieces and cardstock die-cuts: 


The word "Splash" and the journaling came next, as well as a few ink drops and with this the layout is finished!


Here are a few close-ups of my layout:



I really love how this turned out and hope you do too! 

Here's a photo of the July Creative kit I used:


For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook web site. For photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so very much for stopping by! I really appreciate it! Wishing you happy crafting!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I like sewn fringes. they work so well! You did an amzing job.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    A day without a scrapbooking is a lost day. - Author Cestitka

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING those circles and love love love the flamingo!!!! So FUN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete