Wednesday 11 September 2019

Pretty Little Studio | XOXO | Hey, I Love You

Hello friends, I've got some fun news which I've been dying to share! As of September I'm back on the Design Team of Pretty Little Studio! I've been away for two years and I really missed PLS and all it's awesome products and now I couldn't be happier to be back!

For my first blog post I used the XOXO collection designed by Heather to create this layout about the four very favorite people in my life: my husband and our three kids. The colors of this collection were just perfect for this photo so the choice was easy.

Here's the page I created:


I started my page by spraying the white cardstock background with Distress Oxide Spray "Spun Sugar" and quickly dried it with my heat tool. As I really don't like it when my paper warps I adhered the white cardstock on another sheet of cardstock, but this time a light pink one. 

Next I cut a large flower cut file from JustNick from a sheet of white cardstock (using my Silhouette Cameo) and sprayed it with Heidi Swapp "citron" spray ink. I'm so happy this ink color is an almost exact match for the green color in the collection. 


I matted the photo on three sheets of patterned paper: XOXO: Love Blooms, Forever and Hugs & Kisses and placed this partly on the flower cut file. On the left side of the photo I added a 3x4 journaling card from the "Love This" package and the word "Hey" from the "Hello Lovely Words" die-cuts. The green "love this moment" die-cut and the red "love" word are both from the "XOXO" die-cut package. The "Happy Life" flag is from the "Perfect Match" cut-aparts sheet.


All the flower die-cuts are from the "Blooming Love" package. I totally adore these flowers, so I placed them all over my layout. 

At the top of my photo I added two die-cuts from the "Love You" package: the three hearts in a row and the red word tab. 


The flair buttons are probably my favorite products in the Pretty Little Studio store. I use them on almost all of my layouts! This one is from the "Together" package. 


For the finishing touch I added lots of machine stitching. For me, a layout isn't finished when there's no stitching on it!

This is it! I hope you like it! I can't wait to share my next layout with you! Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look. 

Here’s a list of all the Pretty Little Studio products I used: XOXO collection: 8x8 paper pack; die-cuts: blooming love, Love You, XOXO, Hello Lovely Words; flair buttons: Together; 3x4 Journaling Cards: Love This; Cut-Aparts: Perfect Match Word Flags.


2 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the title and all the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - this si fantastic! I love the colour combo. Congrats on returning to the team!

    ReplyDelete