Monday 18 November 2019

My Creative Scrapbook | November tutorial

Hi friends! For My Creative Scrapbook I created these two Fall layouts using the November Main Kit featuring the "Simple Vintage Autumn Splendor" collection from Simple Stories and one of the "free for members" November cut files, called "Autumn Days", designed by Ashley Horton (warning: photo overload!)

Here are the two layouts I created:


And here's how I created them. I started by gathering my supplies, both the kit and the wreath cut file:




I also got out a pot of gold Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. For almost a year now I have these Nuvo pots sitting in a drawer in my desk and today I decided to use the one with gold mousse.

Next I placed the wreath cut file on sheet of white cardstock and simply placed the cut file on top of it. Using a spatula I started applying the mousse over the cut file. I didn't adhere the cut file beforehand, because as soon as the first bit of mousse is applied the cut file is stuck to the page and won't move any more.


I started at the top of the cut file and worked my way down. The more mousse you apply the more depth you'll get. What I like about it is that it stays in the shape it has been applied.


As soon as the cut file was completely covered in mousse I removed it from my cardstock background (before the mousse had dried). This is how it looked:


 And this is how the negative looked:


A close-up of the cut file:


And a close-up of the negative:


 Don't they both look awesome?!


Now I started to build the rest of my page. I chose a dark background cardstock for the gold wreath cut file and used just a little bit of adhesive to glue it to the cardstock as I didn't want to flatten the wreath:


Next came the photo of my English Cocker Spaniel pup and lots of embellishments (cardstock die-cuts and chipboards). I placed those on four points of my wreath: the photo on the right side and the embellishments at the top, bottom and left side:


After adding a bit of machine stitching I wrote a little bit of text with a white marker and also used the white marker to draw a line along the edges of the journaling card and my layout. Last but not least I added a few drops of white paint:


 Here are a few more close-ups:





I also used the negative of the wreath cut file to create a layout. I'll quickly show you the layout and a few close-ups of this page as well. The photos are of my daughter who went to Iceland with her friends last year:


And the close-ups:




This is it! I hope you like them!

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thanks again for stopping by! Wishing you happy crafting!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. These are BOTH SO GORGEOUS!!! I love love love those wreaths, the colors and the photos!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete