Saturday 18 January 2020

My Creative Scrapbook January Main Kit | Together - Crate Paper

Hello friends! For My Creative Scrapbook I made this step-by-step for one of the layouts I made with the awesome January Main Kit. I can't stop telling you how much I love the kits from My Creative Scrapbook. This one is no exception, it's filled with Crate Paper's Snowflake collection and it's so perfect for all those winter photos!

This is the layout I made the step-by-step for:


The photos are from quite a while back (2007!) but that's the fun of digital photos, you always have all your photos at you disposal even those from 12 years ago! I never got around to scrap these and thought this was the perfect kit to do so.

Here's how I made this page: I got out my kit, a sheet of light blue colored cardstock, gold Nuvo embellishment mousse and a template for the mousse:



With the spatula I applied the gold mousse to my background cardstock:


And then decided I needed some extra color like some pink distress oxide spray. At first I sprayed some of this on my background and then also added lots of drops:


As I don't want my cardstock to warp so much I glued it on to another sheet, in this case one of the patterned papers from the kit. First I cut off a 1 cm strip of paper from all sides.


When I was satisfied with how the background looked, I got started on building the rest of the page. The photos and a journaling card were first:


Next up were some fun die-cuts and chipboards:


How cute is that snowman?!


I added a few more die-cuts and chipboards and one of the acetate words:



Last but not least I added the machine stitching, some handwritten journaling and some twine through the hole of the tag:


Of course I also needed a little cluster at the bottom of my layout:


Don't you just love this kit?! I really think it's one of the best so far (but that's what I always say, lol).

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thanks again for stopping by! Wishing you happy crafting!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! LOVING that background you created and the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so splendidly lovely! I adore the gold mousse background. What a dazzlingly pretty wintertime themed make.

    ♥ Autumn

    ReplyDelete