Monday 16 August 2021

Good Vibes | Step-By-Step Tutorial | My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! I've got another step-by-step for one of the layouts I created for My Creative Scrapbook. Today's layout was made using the August Creative kit, featuring the Sunkissed collection from Simple Stories. I scrapped a photo of my youngest and one of his friends on the beach:

Isn't this summer photo just perfect for this collection?! 

Here's a quick step-by-step of how this page came together, starting with a photo of all the supplies I thought I might use:

The sheet with all the tags really stood out for me, so I thought I would go with that one:

I cut out 5 tags to create a horizontal row on my page:


Below the tags I wanted a bit of blue paint and achieved this by transferring the blue paint with a piece of plastic on to my white background cardstock:





Next I placed the tags on top of the part with the blue paint: 


I threaded a piece of twine throught the holes of the tags and machine stitched them all to the background cardstock:


I placed the matted photo on top of the tags and embellished around it: die-cuts on the right side of the photo, the chipboard banner above the tags, a chipboard title below the photo, etc.:


Last but not least I added a bit of handwritten journaling and stamped the date! Hope you like it!! 
Here are a few close-ups of the finished page:





Here's a photo of the August Creative Kit:


For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment