Tuesday 16 November 2021

Deck the Halls || My Creative Scrapbook Step-By-Step

Hello friends!! Today I'm sharing a step-by-step instruction on how to create this Christmas tree I used on the layout I made for My Creative Scrapbook. This month I got the Creative kit which featured the joyful Holly Days collection from Simple Stories. 

This is the layout I created:

For the steps to create the tree I made a photo collage, but first let me show you a photo of the awesome November kit. Look how much it contains!!

Look how cute those die-cuts are:

And this is the tree for which I made the step-by-step instructions:

So, let me show you the 9 steps:


Start at the top left photo and then work your way from left to right. 

I cut 5 squares measuring 3.75" x 3.75", 4.5" x 4.5", 5" x 5", 5.75" x 5.75" and 6.5" x 6.5". 
  1. The first photo shows the fold lines with which you start. 
  2. Fold the square of paper horizontally (top/bottom and left/right).
  3. Fold also diagonally (left bottom corner to right top corner and right bottom corner to left top corner).
  4. Fold sides inward so you have a triangle shaped "pile" (two triangles on top of each other with the sides folded inward).
  5. Flatten the triangle shape.
  6. Fold the left and right side of the upper layer of the triangle inward.
  7. This is what it should look like.
  8. You are done! 
Create 5 of these tree parts in differtent sizes and with different patterned papers (so perfect that the papers in this collection are double sided!). 

Before adhering the parts on my page I colored a tree shaped triangle on my white background cardstock using a soft brush, two colors of Distress Oxide stamping ink and a stencil:


I added double sided tape at the bottom of the tree parts, so I could still slide the parts a little in each other:


In the end I decided to add a tiny staple at the top so the folded parts didn't fold open too much:


The last step was to adhere the individual parts on my page. I slid the top of each part in the bottom of the part above:


Here are a few more close-ups of my finished layout:


I love stitching on my pages!!


Loving this chipboard Santa! 



This is it! Hope you like it! 

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope I've been able to inspire you a little! 

Here's a photo of the November Creative Kit I used: 

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment