Wednesday 22 June 2022

Sunny Days || Step-By-Step for My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! Today I've got a quick step-by-step tutorial which I made for one of the June layouts I created using the wonderful June Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. This month the Creative Kit features the "My Favorite Summer" collection from Echo Park Paper. This is such a perfect kit for all summer vacation photos! 

Here's the layout I created the step-by-step for:


For this layout I cut out one of the free subscriber cutfiles using my Silhouette and placed this on a white cardstock sheet. Using 6 different colors of Distress ink and a soft brush I colored over the cutfile like this:


If you want to know which colors of ink I used:


By this time I hadn't decided yet which of the cut file results I was going to use, the colored cut file or the negative. I just loved them both:




In the end I decided to go with the negative. I matted the cardstock with a sheet of red patterned paper:


I chose two vacation photos from our summer vacation in Greece and some of the awesome die-cuts in this kit:


I machine stitched around my layout and over some of the die-cuts:


I decided I needed a few light blue clouds and because they weren't included in the kit I created them myself. I penciled one around a chipboard cloud I did have and hand drew the other. Then hand cut and sanded them: 



I placed them above the photo on the right using foam adhesive for one of them. Next I placed a chipboard kite over the clouds and a "summer" sticker on top.


I wrote a little bit of journaling above the photo on the left and below the photos and stamped the date. After adding a few enamel dots (from my stash) and some paint drops I was done! Hope you like it!


Here are a few close-ups:





Here's a photo of the June Creative Kit I used: 


For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you all a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment