Wednesday 19 February 2020

Happy Together | Step-by-step | My Creative Scrapbook February Kit

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a step-by-step of my favorite February layouts, created for My Creative Scrapbook with their February Main Kit. This kit is filled with lots of goodies from the "So Happy Together" collection from Simple Stories as well as a few sheets from Jen Hadfield & Photo Play Paper. This month we also have some amazing cut files and I just had to use one for my page.

This is the layout I made the step-by-step for:


And this is the cut file I chose: 


I started with assembling everything I (thought I) wanted to use: 


After deciding which patterned paper would function as my background paper (the yellow chequered paper) I chose another paper to cut the "Love You" cut file from (red with white dots). I uploaded the cut file into my Silhouette library and prepared it so I could cut it. This meant I had to trace the design first before I could cut it:





After cutting the "Love You" cut file and placing it onto the yellow chequered paper, I decided I wanted a white edge around my page. I cut off a small strip from 2 sides of the yellow paper and placed it on a sheet of white cardstock:


I used the leftover letters to cut around:


And adhered these behind the cut file:


And voilĂ :


Because of the colorful papers I used I chose a black & white photo (of my daughter with our new puppy). I placed it here and there before deciding I wanted it in the bottom right corner:


Now the fun part started: embellishing! I added lots of die-cuts, chipboards and stickers!


And then filled many of the empty hearts with die-cut hearts (as I don't like blank spaces, lol):


Now my layout was almost done, all it needed was a bit of machine stitching! Here are some close-up photos of the finished layout:





A stamped date was necessary as well of course!


Don't you just adore this kit?!

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you happy crafting!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is STUNNING!!! I love love love the hearts, the stitching, the colors and that title!!!!!

    ReplyDelete