Sunday 29 March 2020

Hello Spring | Step-By-Step for My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a step-by-step for one of the layouts I created with the awesome March Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

I was thrilled when I saw the contents of this month's kit! Lots of Pink Paislee's/Paige Evans 'Bloom Street' collection and also some products from Shimelle's 'Never Grow Up' collection. I love all collections designed by Paige Evans and this collection was on top of my wish list! Here's the layout for which I wrote the little step-by-step:


I got started by displaying the entire kit on my desk and the photo I wanted to use: 


Paper 10 stood out immediately and so my decision to go with that paper was made very quickly. I got out my craft knife and cut several diamond shapes from this paper:


At least one diamond shape had to be large enough to be placed behind my photo:


 I organised all the shapes on a white cardstock paper to determine a design for my layout:


Before adhering all these diamond shapes I got out my pink stamping ink and Nuvo blender brush and colored the background paper in a subtle pink shade:


Next I adhered all the shapes: 


and glued a long pink machine thread on top:


The matted photo, a journaling card and a flower die-cut & word die-cut came next:


The journaling card needed a bit of machine stitching:


Now I just added a few more stickers and die-cuts, like this sun die-cut:


These two beautifully colored word stickers:


Another word die-cut with beautiful foiled accents:


And I added some extra flowers as one can never have enough flowers! 


With a few paint drops and a written date my layout was done! Hope you like it!

Here's a photo of the March Main Kit: 


Awesome, right?

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Wishing you happy crafting!
xxx 

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING how you cut the paper and loving the loose thread and the stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete