Tuesday 21 May 2019

Step by Step with My Creative Scrapbook May Main Kit | Horizon Paige Evans | Adventure

Hi everyone! I'm sharing a step by step for this fun and colorful layout I created for My Creative Scrapbook with their May Main Kit. The Horizon collection from Paige Evans (Pink Paislee) is one of my favorite collections right now because of those wonderful vibrant colors!

For today's project I decided to look for inspiration on Pinterest and found this image:

source: Society6

As this month MCS offers a free globe digital cut file I thought this was the perfect image to use!
I got out my kit and Silhouette Cameo and got started straight away! Here's the end result:


Don't you just love those colors?!!

Here are some photos of my creative process:

I started with assembling everything I thought I might need:


I chose my favorite sheet in this collection to cut the globe from (paper 3):



Except for the globe cut file MCS offers a few more cut files this months, amongst others some beautiful flower cut files:


I placed the globe in the center of my white cardstock background and arranged the flowers on the left side of the globe. In the Pinterest inspiration photo the entire globe is filled with flowers. I considered this, but as I love the word "adventure" and wanted to keep it I decided against this.


Next I matted my photo and placed it on the right side of the globe and started embellishing the rest of my layout. I added a few butterflies in the flowers and a journaling card above my photo.

As I thought there was just too much white I trimmed 1 cm off all sides of the white cardstock and placed it on one of the multi colored papers from the Horizon collection (paper 24).



Now all I had to do was to just add more embellishments, like the bike between the flowers (bicycles are the main means of transport here in The Netherlands), a flower die-cut, a heart die-cut, a bit of  hand written journaling below the photo, a stamped date and a few drops of glimmer mist:


I also wanted to add a few of those puffy stickers:


This page was done in no time at all! I love when that happens! Sometimes it takes me ages to complete a layout (up to a week!) and sometimes I'm done in an hour!

Here are a few more close-ups:





Isn't this May Main Kit awesome?!

These are the cut files I used. You can find them on MCS's website under "Add On kits" and then scroll down.



And this is the May Main Kit:


If you want to see all 4 May kits please visit MCS's website and for photos of projects created by the design team with the various kit, see the Design Team Gallery.

Thank you so very much for stopping by! Wishing you happy crafting!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING! LOVING that globe and the colors!!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete